Monday, July 18, 2011

Always Be My Baby

"You'll always be a part of me. I'm a part of you indefinitely."- Mariah Carey

November 2011 will mark nine years of what one of my friends calls my "official singledom".  After five years of on and off with my first boyfriend, it was time to call it quits (officially).  He simply asked if I was still in love with him and I simply said no. It was what it was (officially).  I may explain the parentheses at a later date. 
However, early in the relationship when we were young, dumb and full of cum, there were good times and the Mariah Carey song on this post was our song.  And I swear since moving to Columbus, I have heard that song on the radio every time I get in my car.  Now I don't get butterflies or nor do I feel the urge to gag when I hear it now,  I am just simply reminded. 
Also after a few years of my ex not being a fleeting thought, he has entered my dreams on at least two occasions in the past few months with last night being one.  Last night's dream was more of a sexual nature and I will spare y'all the details.  However the other dream was around the time I graduated with my Master's degree.  In the dream, he said he just stopped me to congratulate me and say how proud he was of me.  If I ever explain the parentheses, you may see why I was surprised at that particular dream.
All I know is I managed to return to my hometown for nearly 2 years and not have a single run-in with him, but yet and still he manages to seep into my subconscience at times.  I don't know if all this is a reminder that someone really cared for me once or just a joke being played on me by the universe.  

1 comment: