Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Amazed

"I want to spend the rest of my life. With you by my side."- Boyz II Men

While living in the lovely quaint city of Hattiesburg, Miss., I got introduced to this song. At the time, a coworker informed me that if she had ever gotten married, this would be her song. And this was when it was a hit originated by the country group Lonestar. Fast forward a few years and one of the best vocal groups of our time covered it. Both renditions are beautiful if you ask me.

On shows such as Sex In The City, when offering advice to a woman on reaching the sometimes seemingly unattainable goal of getting married, women who have seen the finished line often say that the key is to marry a man who loves you more than you love him. 

If you find such a man, this is definitely the song to take your last walk down the aisle as a single woman. The lyrics display a man who is completely taken and smitten with the woman he is in love with.  And I have actually witnessed a man with that look on his face as his bride walked up the aisle at my friend's wedding a couple of years ago. So yes it is possible to use this song in a real-life situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment