Friday, December 23, 2011

My Grown-Up Christmas List

 
"Well I'm all grown up now. Can you still help somehow? I'm not a child, but my heart still can dream."- Monica

I kind of stole this from a friend, but I have actually always loved this song, particularly this rendition. 

When you're a child, Christmas is so often a magical holiday even when you learn there's really no Santa Claus.  For one day a year, people make a wholehearted effort to focus on their friends and family.  Joy comes from the face of the recipient of that present that you pounded the pavement for hours searching for.  Food and drink are aplenty.  You can sing corny songs that have been around forever and no one looks at you crazy.

Yet, I'm knowing more and more adults who don't celebrate or acknowledge Christmas because it is a "kid's holiday."  Screw that.  

I still express a childlike enthusiasm for this time of year. Christmas songs are on my Ipod. I have presents to wrap today.  Grandma got pies and cakes waiting for me.  Good times.

So for 2011, going into 2012, I am sharing my grown up Christmas list. 
1. A permanent full-time job.
2. Healthy additions to my family. (Not me, I swear.)
3. A willingness to take greater chances in the coming year that will reap for even greater reward.
4. For my friends and family closest to me to share in this willingness.
5. Positivity surrounding me as much as possible.
6. More money.
7. Tyrese.
8. All that stuff they sing about in the aforementioned song. 
9. Tyrese. (Hey, may just get it right if you say it twice.)




3 comments: