Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)

"We can hardly stand the wait. Please Christmas don't be late."- The Chipmunks


I am a Christmas person.  I look forward to blasting the Christmas music.  I do the Christmas tree and send out Christmas cards.  Yes, I am that person.

But, for some reason, this year, it’s taking a little bit more effort for some reason.  My Christmas shopping was completed weeks ago.  Last night, I forced myself upon the throngs of shoppers in the local Meijer to seek out a Christmas tree and decorations.  And when I got home, I arranged them in a way that I deemed desirable.  And it turned out pretty.

Today, I am sitting here gathering the materials to write out my Christmas cards for the year.  Normally, this is a day or weekend after Thanksgiving event, but alas, I was at home.  Actually, that’s normally when I put up my tree too.

Maybe I’m just thrown off by my strict adherence to that timeline in previous years.  One thing I do know is that my apartment does feel a little cheerier.  Plus, I feel it’s important to compel yourself to engage in those activities which you know you will ultimately enjoy especially when the only person who may benefit is you and the only reward is a smile.  We tend to force ourselves to participate in everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment